17 March 2020
Ten recommendations for the storage and transportation of bulk goods
Many companies need to store and transport large quantities of products and bulk goods. One of the solutions most used for this purpose is the use of big bags.
Used in many sectors, the big bags allow you to save a lot of space and to eliminate the classic, bulky and decidedly more uncomfortable (and sometimes insecure) pallets. Thanks to these big bags, in fact, the goods can be stored optimizing the available space to the maximum and guaranteeing high quality standards.
What is a big bag?
A big bag is a container made up of polypropylene strips used to transport and / or store large quantities of bulk solid products of various kinds (in flakes, granules or powder).
It is internationally classified as FIBC (Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container).
Big bags can be used in many industrial activities, from the chemical or mining sector to the food sector (food grade big bags, suitable for food). Il big bag è definito “intermediate” poiché, date le sue dimensioni e la sua portata massima (da 500 a 2000 kg), è molto usato per movimentare i prodotti tra contenitori più piccoli e contenitori più grandi.
How to use big bags properly?
Here are ten important usage recommendations:
- Before filling, make sure that the drain system is closed
- Close the loading system correctly
- Adopt adequate and necessary solutions for the containment of solid materials in powder
- Check the stability of the container once filled
- Pay attention to the possibility of accumulation of electrostatic charges
- Make sure the forklift’s forks are rounded or protected
- Tilt the forks of the forklift towards the driver
- Adjust the fork width of the forklift to the width of the container lift system
- Protect the big bags from bad weather and prolonged sun exposure
- Properly secure the load during transportation.
To request a freight and packaging costs check-up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the code “T01” in the subject.