The selection of tools for transportation planning, visibility and control (normally called TMS – Transport Management Solution) is an expensive activity for companies:
- There are several more or less flexible solutions on the world market
- Applications are set for different representatives (shipper, carrier, receiver)
- Different solutions have different functions and focus, but the SW houses say they can handle them all at once.
- Customers would like to emulate what they normally do manually (Excel, paper) without compromise
All this has an impact on the project’s costs and the established budget could increase because of customizations and/or workaround not defined during the selection phase, without meeting completely the clients’ expectations anyway.
Smart helps companies to select the right solution. Activites are structured as follows:
- Interviews with operational users and process owners for the Assessment process
- Identification of current and expected functional requirements according to the defined importance
- Analisys of the current SW structure and iterface with required data
- Gap analysis with the (more or less formalized) tools in use
- Preparation of RFQ documentation:
– description of the current and expected context of intervention
– Evaluation grid for the functionality of the choice of providers
- Selection of the appropriate solutions according to an index of functional/economic cover
- Support during implementation, set-up and test of the selected solution
A good TMS SELECTION can reduce your investment of 20-30% and improve your clients’ satisfaction.